Friday, March 12, 2010

Rosberg Takes Vitamins- Tops Practice Times

Little Nico Rosberg has jumped up to the top of the time sheet at Bahrain practice session. Well, now that's something, ain't it?

After thinking about it, here's what I came up with:
As the stage is set, there are less spots at the top to be shared among the top drivers. Each of the World Champions have a claim of their piece of the pie. And that list is longer than usual. So then, what does that mean for those drivers who are just below that? It means they could get relegated to permanently ignored and the climb to "just being noticed" would be even farther. Am I making sense?

I think this has possibly fueled Rosberg to demand his place. I think the pressure of his father as well as the fact that Schumacher's presence has made him feel like he's playing junior varsity. So, Nico has said to himself: "I'm tired of my dad chewing me a new one all the time...and who is this old F1 lion? I can take him out." So awakens the youthful hurricane. We'll see if it's actually awakened a champion inside of him or if he's just wanting his father's voice to stop nattering in his ear (aka - running towards his father's approval).

On a side note, after watching some of practice (6:00am - here on the East coast) I can't help but wonder if some teams are sand-bagging until tomorrow or even as far off as Sunday. Some teams/drivers looked all too happy with their slower times. I'm just sayin'. 






No comments:

Post a Comment