Thursday, November 19, 2009

Welcome to F1 Personality Viewpoint

"This is not just racing... It is a mode of self discovery" - Aryton Senna


Hello F1 Personality Fans...
I am initiating this blog as I find that in Formula One (F1), the whole aspect of driver personality seems to be overlooked almost entirely in the evaluation of performance and outcomes. This is compared to the mountains of data collected concerning the cars, equipment and team strategies and I desire to close this gap.

To me, F1 is more interesting than simply winners and losers, It's personalities and technology interacting together with the unpredictable nature of life. This is what makes F1 exciting. I say personality IS the determining factor - to the extent that a driver is (or isn't) in touch with himself. This is true of both the conscious intentions as well as aware of his unconscious motivations resistances and visions.



Over the last years as a passionate fan, I have made numerous observations and predictions that for the most part came true. Most recently, I predicted the pulling out of Toyota as well as the recent exit from F1 by Kimi Raikkonen - due to Kimi falling out of love with F1. 
In 2007, I predicted that Lewis Hamilton would not, in fact, become the first rookie World Champion. This due to his relationship with his dream coming too fast and therefore with less meaning. Lewis is also negotiating with struggle. Due mainly I have done this mostly without reading mountains of press or following stories obsessively. To some this may be yet another way of stating the obvious in these circumstances. However, how I claim the "why" something is taking place, I found to be totally missing from many others' opinions or simply others had no insight at all.

Most of the time my analyses have not been focused about who will win or lose but what is going on for the person behind the wheel emotionally, in his personality, which at times can become a more determining factor in the win/lose arena.

One reason for me making these predictions is that my background training as a Bio-Core Empowerment Therapist (bio for body, core for the essence of a personality) has led me to great understanding of myself and others. I am not saying I know it all, because I continue to discover every day - but I've spent most of my life observing people even before my training.

Here I am combining two of my passions; helping others to empower themselves and racing.
It is my hope that followers of this blog will see a much bigger picture in the analysis of drivers -which can lead to a clearer view of themselves. And ultimately, maybe, some F1 drivers will take interest and move their point-of-view to a much more Universal one, along the lines of the quote from Senna above...

No comments:

Post a Comment